We hope the following information is helpful to you in submitting recording ideas.
New World Records, the recording label of Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc. is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit company specializing in the music of American composers. In most cases that means the composer has or had United States citizenship. The company does not issue any works that are currently available on CD. Though we release recordings in many different genres of music, certain ones are simply not appropriate for us, such as rock, hip-hop, new age, or country. If you are uncertain, please look at some releases shown on our site to see if the type of music you wish to propose fits our profile.
Proposals for making recordings are accepted from any source. Proposals are logged in and will generally be reviewed in the order in which they arrive. The review process goes on continuously, though it may be anywhere from three to six months before we can get to a specific project and give an answer.
A proposal should include:
- General description of the project
- Name of Composer(s) and works to be recorded
- A CD-R of the music being proposed or
- A score if no tape is available
- Names of performers if known
- Planned dates of live performance(s) of the repertory after which a recording could be made
- Whether a release-quality master tape exists
- Any budget information that is available
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Paul Tai, Director, Artists and Repertory
New World Records
304 Water Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
We are available from 10:00 - 6:00 EST to answer any specific questions you may have. We can be reached by phone at 212.290.1680, by fax at 212.290.1685 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org